9.26.2011

Radical Prayer


There is a secret in life that if we are able to do it, will unlock treasure in our lives. I have a friend who manages to put in many hours of training for triathlons beyond a normal working day. If we have a desire to achieve greatness in some area, we will set aside the time, energy and training required to make it a reality. I know that it is possible. I have not stopped thinking about this since I first read this testimony from Jaeson Ma on Prayer~

In November of last year I spoke at one of the largest churches in the world in South Korea. After I had spoken my first session from the pulpit, the Sr. Pastor rebuked me personally by saying, “Young man you don’t pray enough!” I was convicted when hearing this, although I do pray 1-2 hours a day, I knew the Sr. Pastor was challenging me to go beyond my norm. He then said, “If you pray 1 hour a day you can survive. 2 hours a day you can have a ministry. 6 hours a day God can use you to change a country. 8 hours a day and God can use to shake the nations!” After he said this, he made me promise him I would pray 6 hours a day when I returned back home to America. I did my best, but to no avail. I’ll be honest I haven’t been praying 6 hours a day since that challenge from the Sr. Pastor Yoon.

A few weeks after I returned from South Korea with this personal challenge to pray 6-8 hours a day I had a prophetic dream. In the dream the same Sr. Pastor walks up to me. He says to me, “Young man do you know the key to how I started this great church and ministry? The key is that I actually have a full time day job. I work 8 hours a day at another occupation while leading this great ministry.” I said, “How is it possible that you can work at another occupation 8 hours a day and still run this incredible ministry?” What is your occupation? Pastor Yoon then said to me, “My day time occupation is that I am a farmer. I sow and plant seeds 8 hours a day!” The dream ends.


When I woke up from this dream I knew the clear meaning and interpretation. This Sr. Pastor’s key to having such a great church and fruitful ministry was that he sowed seeds of prayer 8 hours a day. The occupation and priority of prayer was his ministry and the key to his success in obeying God by living a dedicated and disciplined lifestyle of radical prayer. Again, I was convicted about this and begin to ask the Holy Spirit to confirm my path to a disciplined life of 8 hours of prayer a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment