9.18.2011

Interpreting dreams

God does speak. All the time. Most of the time I find He speaks to me through His Word. Of course, we know His voice (Jesus assured us “my sheep know my voice”) and it’s possible that if we are NOT hearing His voice maybe we aren’t following Him all that closely. And that is our choice. We are each as close to God as we want to be. Most dreams are natural dreams. They work the way defragmenting or downloading the hard drive of a computer prevents a breakdown. Dreaming is one of the things that prevents me needing a psychologist. Sometimes, God speaks to me in a dream. I love it when I wake up with a clear and vivid memory of a dream and I just KNOW God is speaking through it. I immediately write it down. And then, God helps me with the interpretation of it. Pharaoh said to Joseph in Egypt, it is said of you that you can understand a dream and interpret it. Joseph answered Pharaoh, It is not in me; God, not I will give Pharaoh a favorable answer of peace. (Genesis 41:15-16). 



I have had spectacular warnings in dreams. I once received a warning in a dream, not to drive on a particular road and the specific situation was shown in the dream. Later I heard that an acquaintance was caught in the very situation that I avoided, when driving on that exact road at the exact place I was warned of in the dream, within 12 hours of that dream. Of course, had I known I would have warned that person. But I think God through this allowed me to see that the warning was not a figment of my imagination, so that I could learn to trust the ways God speaks to us. Unfortunately the consequences whilst not life-threatening, took that person at least 2 months to overcome. The outcome might have been different (perhaps worse) for me had I not heeded the warning in the dream. 
Chesil Beach, UK

Other very precise instructions have been given to me in dreams. Dreams have also brought insight into something good about to happen, giving me a sense of how to conduct myself in a new situation or relationship. God is sovereign, and He chooses how he will speak. “God always answers, one way or another, even when people don’t recognize His presence. In a dream, for instance, a vision at night, when men and women are deep in sleep, fast asleep in their beds- God opens their ears and impresses them with warnings To turn them back from something bad they’re planning, from some reckless choice, And keep them from an early grave, from the river of no return.” (Job 33:14-17) 

Dreams are good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment