9.15.2011

Between a Rock and a Hard Place


I was once in a desperate situation where I needed an answer literally within that day. It was one of the most challenging moments in my life. I said, God I really feel as though I’m between a rock and a hard place. I didn’t know which way to turn, and I didn’t know any person on earth who would be able to resolve the problem.

My devotional reading that morning happened to be Isaiah 43. It is important to keep a Bible reading program going, because God is always speaking to us through his Word, daily. We lose out if we don’t. I was reading that day from the Message version. I was amazed to find a direct answer to my question. In most versions, that passage says “when you pass through deep waters, I will be with you, they will not overtake you, when you walk through the fire, you won't be burned”. However, this time, in The Message, it was as if God was in the room.  
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God


Within 2 hours there was a knock at my door. The fiancĂ© of a good friend walked in, and made a proposition to me that resolved my serious dilemma in such an amazing way that in the process, I was also the answer to a difficulty she needed resolved in her own life! God fixed two problems in one breath-taking move! That’s my God. He will do the same for you if you just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment