10.04.2011

The Thunderings of God

There is something about thundering that brings life. Yesterday I quoted from Psalm 29 where the whole psalm is talking about thunder and the voice of God thundering then, in verse 9 it says “the voice of the Lord makes the hinds to bring forth their young”.

Then in Ezekiel 37:7-10 “thundering” brings life and healing to dead bones..

So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a thundering noise, and behold, a shaking and trembling and rattling and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I beheld, and lo, there were sinews upon the bones, and flesh came upon them, and skin covered them over; but there was no breath or spirit in them, Then said He to me, Prophesy to the breath and spirit, son of man, and say to the breath and spirit, Thus says the Lord God: Come from the four winds O breath and spirit, and breath upon these slain, that they may live. So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath and spirit came into the bones, and they lived and stood up upon their feet, an exceedingly great host.


Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand? Job 26:14

The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice. 2 Samuel 22:14

The Lord also thundered from the heavens, and the Most High uttered His voice, amid hailstones and coals of fire. Psalm 18:12-14

The voice of Your thunder was in the whirlwind, the lightnings illumined the world; the earth trembled and shook. Psalm 77:17-19

You called in distress and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder. Psalm 81:6

The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. John 12:29

And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. Revelation 4:5

And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. Revelation 6:1

And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps. Revelation 14:2

And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Revelation 19:6

No comments:

Post a Comment