11.28.2011

The Lost Donkeys

I was having tea with a friend the other day and we were talking about a question I had on my mind. I was wondering out loud, why is it that when I am asking an answer from God, He does answer.. but very often it is not the answer I am looking for. Jesus seemed to do the same thing when He walked the earth. He spoke in Parables and sometimes they seemed to be confusing. Almost like a riddle. Where there is an answer inside the answer, where sometimes the answer seems to put one on a different path and a different outcome than what we were expecting.

God always answers the question on our hearts.

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

My friend pointed out the story of Saul who went looking for his father’s lost donkeys (Read 1 Samuel Chapter 9). Saul and a servant went searching everywhere and eventually their search brought them to the town where the Prophet Samuel lived. They decided to seek the prophet’s help in locating the donkeys. But God had a different idea. Samuel tells Saul not to worry about the donkeys because they had been found. All Saul could think about was the lost donkeys. But God had a different purpose in mind: God had gone ahead of Saul and told Samuel the Prophet to anoint Saul as King.

Sometimes the thing at the top of our minds is something very lowly when we compare it to what God has in mind for our lives. Stand back from your life. Ask God to show you His thoughts over the situation. The answer to the small things will be there anyway. What we think is a major problem is a very small thing for God to resolve if we focus on what is important to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment